The following chart should be used as a guideline. There may be slight variances among the different brands sold through TKC. Measuring Notes:
Everyone’s body is different & with growing kids, finding the right fit is not always easy. Here are some tips on selecting the right size for your child:
- Always measure your child instead of relying on the age guideline or measurements you have from previous months.
- Ensure child is standing straight with feet together and arms relaxed to the sides.
- Keep one finger in between the measuring tape & body.
- Keep your child engaged in conversation while measuring to avoid air filled bellies that can inflate the waist measurement.
- If your child fits in between two of the listed sizes, always go up a size.
- Once you have the measurements, select the closest size from the Size Chart.
Keep in mind: Dresses designed to be a specific length don’t have to be worn that way. A lot of the dresses we carry can be styled at various lengths – above the knee or slightly below, at the knee or mid-calf, floor length or at the ankle. If you’re worried about the waist being too big by going up a size or two, check the product listing to see if the dress has a tie back sash/belt.
The following Measurement Guide is a great tool to help you in getting your child’s measurements accurately.